Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Sweet Moong Dal Halwa Poli (Roti stuffed with sweet Moong Dal Halwa)


This recipe was a result of my brainstorming to contribute to the
 #dishfromdish contest! I had made Moong Dal Halwa for Dassera as you can see in my previous post. Since I am really busy at work these days and don't get lot of time to cook, I had to come up with this creation to participate during busy work week :) No wonder they say that 'Necessity is the mother of invention'. It was definitely a smashing success at our dinner table. Especially with my husband who loves sweets!!

So here is the recipe.

Ingredients: Whole wheat flour - 1 cup, Maida - 2 tsp, salt - 1/8th tsp, oil - 2 tsp, water - as needed for making dough, Moong Dal Halwa - click to see the recipe in my previous post, ghee - as needed.

Method: Take whole wheat flour in a mixing bowl, add maida, oil, salt and water and make dough. Let it rest for 2-3 hours. After that make small balls and roll out the dough into small flats and stuff each flat with Moong Dal Halwa and then roll them to make Poli. 

Heat Tawa and roast both sides till well cooked. Smear ghee on the Poli and serve. Enjoy the healthy, protein packed, lip-smacking Moong Dal Halwa Sweet Poli!!

Till my next post, take care everyone! #staysafe

2 comments:

Ria J said...

Superb presentation and innovative dish

R said...

@Ria J: thanks a lot!!