Thursday, December 16, 2010

Showcasing Awards and Answering Tag Questions!


Many thanks to Kurinji Kathambam for passing on this award. She is very talented. Do find time to visit her lovely recipe blog, where you get some additional perks like her occasional posts on lovely rangoli designs, pictures and poems, etc :)

I want to pass on this Best Blogger award to: Sanyukta, Soumya's Kitchen, Oriya Rasoi, PriyaNowServing, specialtyrecipesfrommykitchen, Bakasoor, Cookingstation, JaisyJames, Sayali, Shama Nagarajan. Please accept this award and pass it on to your friends.......

My gratitude and apologies to Sayali of Treat your Tongue . She had passed on this award quite a few months ago. Sorry Sayali, I was on blogging break at that time......

I am passing on these awards to: Kavita, PanchPakwan, CozyLittleKitchen, Vibaas, Banaraskakhana, Apskitchen, Shoumya, Cookingiseasy, Gayathri'scookspot, Indianspicemagic. Please accept the circle of friends and sunshine award and pass it on to your friends.......

Questions & Answers
I was also tagged by Mrs. K of Kavita's kitchen to answer some fun interview questions. Kavita has a lovely space with recipes from a variety of cuisines to choose from; count on her to leave a lovely, well composed comment on your blog :)

So here are the tag questions........

1. Are you a vegetarian, or have you thought about being one?
Although I eat both Veg and Non-Veg, I tend to be more partial toward vegetarian choices.

2. Who inspired you to cook or bake?
My mother is my biggest inspiration. She instilled in me the love of cooking at a very early age. We were lucky enough to taste a myriad of amazing dishes, both cooked and baked by my mom :)) She also does not like to waste things, so in that process, she ended up inventing a ton of new dishes much to our amazement!

3. How do you celebrate Christmas?...or a favorite holiday of your choice?
Christmas celebrations at our house typically include decorating a tree, hanging out stockings, exchanging gifts amongst friends, drinking hot chocolate with marshmallows on Christmas eve while watching Rudolph the Red nose Reindeer or something in that genre and leaving cookies and milk for Santa Clause 'cause we still have one big time "Santa believer" left in our house - my youngest one who is just 3 and a half yrs old :)

4. Do you prefer to celebrate New Year's Eve with friends and/or family, or prefer to ring in the New Year quietly, and privately, at home?
We normally prefer to celebrate New Year with a few close friends because they are like our extended family out here; or if we are lucky, sometimes we do get to celebrate with close family too.

5. If someone were to ask you to bring dessert to a party, what would you bring? Store bought, or homemade, and if you were to make homemade, what would you make?
It totally depends on the notice time.... if party plans are improptu, I would just pick up ice-cream or cake from the store :) But if it is planned well in advance, I would definitely try and bring something home-made depending on the party menu or theme and the number of people; but mostly it would be a trifle, crumble, pudding, or something on those lines, an Indian menu, would call for Kheer, Gulab jamun, Shrikhand or similar Indian desserts.

6. How will you celebrate your next birthday?
Hmm... Life is too uncertain to plan that far ahead...... plus I love surprises [this is a hint for family and friends reading this post :))].

7. Do you have a New Year's resolution-and will you be sticking to it?
Long time ago I made a new year resolution - "Never to make any New Year Resolution", well, I am still sticking to it :))
I am now tagging 12 of my blogger friends to answer this same questionnaire. I had a ton of fun answering these questions and I hope you all will too:

KitchenBoffinKrishnaveni, Authentic Food Delights, HGormetFoodie, JoyofCooking, Khaugiri,
VeggiePlatter, Satrupa , Sangeeta, Torviewtoronto, USMasala, Padhu. Please tag 12 friends after answering these questions.

I am really grateful to all my blogger friends for showering me with so much love. Believe me I want to share these awards with all of you. Till my next post, Happy holidays and take care everyone!!!

32 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, that was fun reading your answers :)

Vanishri said...

Congrats on your awards. Your questionnaire was fun to read.

Gayathri Kumar said...

Nice knowing you and thanks a lot for passing me these lovely awards..

Priya Suresh said...

Nice to know more about u..interesting tag and congrats on ur awards..

Kavita Srivastava said...

Congrats on your awards ...
Came to know more about you ... Gr8 questionnaire ...

Shama Nagarajan said...

congrats and thank you dear...

Sayali said...

Thanks A lot dear... Even I was on break and I understand it :)

Soumya said...

Congrats & thanks a lot dear for sharing the award with me.
It was nice to know more about you...very good answers...

Namitha said...

Congratulations R !!

Padhu Sankar said...

Congrats on your awards and thank a lot for sharing it with me.Nice to know more about you

aipi said...

Congrats dearie..well deserved!
your answers made for a very interesting read and it was great to know more about you. Also, thank you for your questions. I will try my best to answer them to the best of my ability!
Lots of love :)

US Masala

Kitchen Boffin said...

Congrats dear... nice to know more abt u.. thank you for tagging me in the questionaire..

Oriyarasoi said...

Congrats dear....and thanks a lot for sharing the ' Best Blogger' award with me. Its my first and is very very special to me!!! Thanks once more !!

Unknown said...

Hi Rupali, great to know you better :)The rice pakodas are a knock out! And THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing the best blogger award with me - I am honored :)) xoxo

Khaugiri said...

Congrats dear!!! It's very interesting to read answers written by U. Thanks for passing it... I'll try my level best to answer those :-)

Divya@The Craft Angel said...

Thanks for passing on the award to me :) Good job on your blog! All the awards say it :)

Archana said...

Congratulations!

Panchpakwan said...

Congarts on awards..intersting tag answers! Thank you so much for passing awards with me..

R said...

Priya (YM), Vanishri, gayathri's cook spot, priya, spoonfuls of love..., shama nagarajan, sayali, soumya, gulmohar, padhu,aipi, kitchen boffin, authentoriyafood, now serving, khaugiri, divya@thecraftangel, archana, panchpakwan thank you so much for ur love and appreciation!!

Suma Gandlur said...

Congrats! Thanks for inviting me over to play this tag game though I know I am bad at completeing them.

sowmya said...

congrats for the awards!

veena said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Krishnaveni said...

congrats on your awards, thanks for inviting me, soon i'll post my answers

Hayley said...

hey Rupali
congrats on yr wards and thanks for inviting me...soon it will be on my post too with few more surprise...!

Nisa Homey said...

Congrats on ur awards and thanks a lot for passing on to me....I was on holiday....my apologies for not collecting earlier....happy new year!! dear.

Smita Srivastava said...

A very Happy new year to you n ur family , loved going thru ur wonderful blog !!!

- Smita
www.littlefoodjunction.blogspot.com
(fun foods for little eaters

Oriyarasoi said...

Happy New Year Rupali!! Have a gr8 year ahead!!!

R said...

suma gundlur: thnx, hope u can complete this one :)
sowmya, veena: thanks!
nisa homey: thnx! no problem.. HNY to u too!
smita srivastava: thnx and HNY to u too!
authenticoriyafood, aipi: HNY to u too!

Gayu said...

Congrats on your award Rupali..Great to know more about you..Was fun reading about u..

Gayu
http://ensamayalarangam.blogspot.com

R said...

gayu.kitchen: thank u so much!!

Shalmali said...

thanks so much!...:)

R said...

shalmali: u r welcome!